AN EXAMINATION OF THE CREATIVE MIND by ANDREW HALL
In this series of interviews and articles I collaborate with writers, artists, entrepreneurs and other creative personalities. Through insights and anecdotes, they share their personal journeys and struggles.
The purpose is to shed light on who they are and how they do what they do.
Additionally, I hope to explore what these individuals are doing to remain relevant in their fields and stay ahead of their competition. Ultimately, my goal is to understand more about the creative mind and learn what makes people creative.
- INTERVIEW: SCIENCE FICTION WRITER ARTHUR MACABEArthur Macabe is a writer of science fiction, fantasy and strange fiction. I first became aware of his work on Twitter, around the time he started posting a daily fictional journal on an alternate account called Okulous-10. The story was written as a first person account of an Interstellar Spaceship crew that was hopelessly lost […]
- INTERVIEW: AUTHOR CAROL BETH ANDERSONCarol Beth Anderson (goes by Beth) is an author of young adult fantasy, and she posts flash fiction on Twitter like her life depends on it. This flash fiction is usually dark in nature and almost always includes elements of magic, and it’s how I first became aware of her work. She’s written several novels, […]
- INTERVIEW: AUTHOR B.K. BASSB.K. Bass is an author of science fiction, fantasy, and horror inspired by the pulp fiction magazines of the early 20th century and classic speculative fiction. He is a student of history with a particular focus on the ancient, classical, and medieval eras. He is also part owner and Acquisitions Director of Kyanite Publishing. He […]
- INTERVIEW: FILMMAKER DAVID LIBANDavid Liban is an independent filmmaker and a film professor at CU Denver’s College of Arts & Media. He is the Chairperson for the Dept of Film & TV. He holds an MFA from Brooklyn College. He’s been a Fulbright scholar and a prolific filmmaker of short-form films. His documentary, Mortal Lessons, won an Emmy […]
- INTERVIEW: AUTHOR JOHN F LEONARDAuthor John F Leonard Author John F Leonard is a post-apocalyptic/horror author, living in the United Kingdom. He has written several post-apocalyptic books, and has been exploring his creative expression for many years. This interview is part of my Creating Awesome Series which attempts to examine the experiences, events and locations that may have contributed […]
- PHOTOGRAPHER LIAM WONGAn Interview With Photographer Liam Wong Photographer Liam Wong has a background in the gaming industry. This experience has given Liam an interesting perspective as a photographer and that influence shows quite vividly throughout his portfolio. This interview is part of my Creating Awesome Series which attempts to examine the experiences, events and locations that […]
- Interview: Artist Mark CordoryArtist Mark Cordory Artist Mark Cordory is based in United Kingdom and creates some of the most fascinating post-apocalyptic COSTUMES, PROPS & PUPPETS FOR FILM, TV, STAGE & LARP. During this interview we dig deep into the mysteries and beauty of his creative expression through this medium. First of all, huge thanks for accepting my […]
- Interview: Concept Artist Col PriceConcept Artist Col Price Col Price is a concept artist, living in Liverpool UK and creates some of the most stunning digital imagery I’ve come across. He has worked with a multitude of top film and gaming companies through the years and is currently pursuing a career as a freelance concept artist which has afforded […]
- INTERVIEW: AUTHOR TERRY TYLERAUTHOR TERRY TYLER Author Terry Tyler is a writer living the north of England. Her most recent output is a post apocalyptic series, and she intends to write more in this genre over the next few years. One day she might write a zombie book, if she can find a new angle… As part of […]
- Interview: American Poet Ron GavalikAmerican Poet Ron Gavalik Ron Gavalik is a writer, poet living in Pittsburgh PA. He has written several poetry collections, and has been digging deep into the mysteries and beauty of his creative expression through poetry for many years. As part of my Creating Awesome series, this interview examines the experiences, events, locations and other […]
- POST-APOCALYPTIC AUTHOR JJ SHURTEPost-Apocalyptic Author JJ Shurte In this interview I talk to Post-Apocalyptic Author JJ Shurte, creator of multiple books in the post-apocalyptic fiction genre, including the Post-Apocalyptic Writing Guide, Days Too Dark and his most recent The Bastard’s Curse. This is part of my Creating Awesome series. A journey of discovery into the minds of creative […]
- INTERVIEW: ARTIST ERIC NINALTOWSKIThe following interview is part of a series that I started a long time ago, as a way to help new artists and creators get some added exposure for their work. This interview is with Comic Artist Eric Ninaltowski, from March 2018. Eric is a professional comic book artist who also specializes in Graphic Design […]
- INTERVIEW: ARTIST CLIFF ENGLANDThe following interview is part of a series that I started a long time ago, as a way to help new artists and creators get some added exposure for their work. This interview is with Comic Book Artist Cliff England from Nov 11, 2011. I’ve started to republish some of my past interviews, and hope […]
- INTERVIEW: ARTIST ROBERT MARZULLOArtist Robert Marzullo is an independent comic artist with a lifetime of experience drawing and creating comics and other illustrations. The majority of his work these days is generated digitally, using a multitude of image creation software. He currently works on a Mac and has created some amazing artwork throughout his career. I first noticed […]
- MAKING MOVIES IN LAS VEGASMaking Movies In Las Vegas is part of Creating Awesome – An Examination of the Creative Mind by Andrew Hall In this Interview I talk with Wolfgang Muchow – Filmmaker / Screen Writer; Winner of the Nevada Film Office Screenwriting competition 2011 Introduction: Wolfgang Muchow is a Las Vegas filmmaker and recent winner of the Nevada […]
- Tracking future trends in technology, business, healthcare and educationGlobal Futurist, best-selling author and highly sought after business speaker Jack Uldrich has written many books and worked with some of the largest companies in the world. His work as author, consultant and speaker, covers such topics as nanotechnology, biotechnology, robotics, RFID, change management and many others. I first came in contact with Jack on […]
- Researching and writing serial fiction.Interview with Author Ron Gavalik Ron Gavalik is a writer and author of Grit City, an ongoing story of a dark and calamitous world where the nefarious rule. He is also the publisher of a new literary medium called emotobooks. In this interview Ron shares his influences, how he prepares for a story and […]